Learn how to make your upcoming professional carpet cleaning service a smooth and pleasant experience by properly preparing with the suggested tips below
- Vacuum all carpeting to be cleaned before we arrive. If this is not possible, we can do it for a nominal fee. This is important for the removal of dry soil and pet hair.
- Remove all vehicles from the driveway.Your technician will need to have easy access to the closest door they will be entering and exiting from. If you anticipate leaving during the cleaning, please remove your car from the garage and park it on the street before we arrive so there is no trouble with us blocking you in.
- Let your technician know of any particular areas of concern which may require extra attention or special techniques.
- Pets often get worked up about loud noises and strange people coming into the home. To put their mind at ease (as well as ours!) find a safe, quiet place where our cleaning won’t disturb them and they won’t soil your newly freshened carpets.
- Don’t forget to also keep a close eye on little ones that may be curious enough to wander onto wet carpets when they think you aren’t looking.
The following recommendations are in regards to moving your furniture. Some of our service procedures include moving furniture and some do not. Please clarify your expectations and our pricing with the office prior to our arrival. We will do everything we can to work with you and have services that can be customized to meet your cleaning needs.
- As much furniture as possible should be removed from all rooms scheduled to be cleaned. Small pieces of furniture, such as dining room chairs, magazine racks, plants, end tables and anything else that can be easily moved on your own should be done before your technician arrives. If the high traffic areas in bedrooms are being cleaned, you may place small items on the bed. Please advise the technician if you want any additional items moved.
- Your technician should be made aware of any special instructions you have concerning the relocation of your fragile furniture, including weak legs, loose tops, etc.
When your carpet cleaning is scheduled, you will receive a window for arrival time. We make every effort to keep our appointments running on time, however, on occasion we may have to adjust our schedule to accommodate each customer’s unique needs. It is our policy not to rush through one job to arrive on time to the following job. By being prepared ahead of time, you can help us to maintain our schedule. If for some reason we must make a change to your appointment, we will give you a courtesy call as soon as possible to let you know. Likewise, if for some reason you must change or reschedule your appointment or adjust the cleaning order, please give us as much notice as possible.
Protect Your Investment
We recommend protecting your carpets and upholstery investments with a scotchguard. This is a protective coating that is applied to your carpets or upholstery to avoid permanent damage and marks from soil abrasion and spills. We will be happy to give you more information on this application. You can also go to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/accarpetclean) for a Teflon coupon. By being prepared you not only help to make our job easier, but also allow us to be more efficient with your cleaning job. We look forward to meeting you and truly appreciate your business. In addition, here are some after-care tips to keep in mind once our cleaning services have been performed.
For faster drying carpets:
- Adjust thermostat to 72 degrees, or if appropriate, open windows.
- Turn off humidifiers on furnace.
- Turn your thermostat fan control setting to “on.”
- Turn on all ceiling fans or box fans.
- Turn on dehumidifier or air conditioning.
For walking on damp carpet:
The carpet will be damp to the touch after cleaning. You may walk on carpet wearing CLEAN white socks, no bare feet or shoes. Please keep pets off carpet until completely dry, as their feet can re-soil the carpet when damp. Be VERY careful walking onto a hard surface (tile or wood) because it will be slippery! View Larger Map